It’s been a while since my last update, but the past few weeks have been quite a hectic. Couple weeks back I had the most amazing five days in London. And after that I’ve been a very busy bee with my uni work and all the deadlines. But now I’m trying to get back updating a bit more often, so please bear with me!
As there’s no Sunday or Monday or just about any day without pancakes and in general a pile of pancakes makes any day feel a bit better, right? So I came up with these super simple gluten free pancakes. It’s the easiest one bowl pancake recipe and you can wrap it up basically in 15 minutes. And oh boy, do they became the fluffiest ones you’ve (I’ve!) ever eaten! Made with all the good stuff and there’s no oil in the batter. Interesting part is the desiccated coconut, which gives them a delicious and quite exciting (maybe a bit crunchy?) structure. Serve them with some extra sweet roasted fruits, and it’s the perfect fall breakfast to brighten up even the gloomiest morning. 😉
So here I am, super excited to share my go-to pancake recipe with you!
Here’s how to do it:
(makes approx. 5-6 pancakes)
1 – 1 ¼ cup almond milk or any other plant milk
½ cup oat flour
¼ cup rolled oats
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
bit of pure vanilla
pinch of salt
fresh lemon juice
- Start by preheating your oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Cut the banana to half lengthwise and slice the orange. Transfer them onto baking tray, drizzle with some lemon juice and vanilla. Roast in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until golden.
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients together, stir well to combine.
- Add the almond milk, start with one cup and add more if necessary, and apple cider vinegar into the mixture, stir well.
- Heat your pancake pan, grease it with a bit of coconut oil and start baking your pancakes.
Once you got your pancakes ready, serve them with the roasted fruits, maybe some plant-based ‘yogurt’ or even better with ice cream and all the additional toppings you come up with, enjoy!
Thank you for reading, have a beautiful week! 🙂