What are you craving for dinner tonight? Something easy and tasty, heart-warming soul-food offering you a bowlful of post-eating happy vibes? Sounds amazing, right?
A good nourishing dinner doesn’t always have to be complicated and take too much time to prepare. Since it’s meatless Monday, I decided to share one ‘pretty’ simple and fast yet delicious Mexican chilli recipe with you.
This chilli is perfect for the end-of-summer kind of nights, as the weather is becoming colder and you crave for something spicy comfort-food. It’s best when shared with good friends, talks and burritos, but of course you can keep it all for yourself to enjoy with a bowlful of wholegrain rice. 😉
Here’re the instructions:
(makes one large pot)
400g canned kidney beans
400g canned chickpeas
1 red-bell pepper
4 larger carrots
400g canned sweet corn
2x500g crushed tomatoes
2-3 tbsp Cajun spice mix
salt to taste
+ any other spices you like
Serve with brown wholegrain rice or throw a burrito-partye with your friends!
- Start by heating your pan and cook your diced carrots until soften a bit.
- Meanwhile your carrots are cooking, rinse the kidney beans with cold water and mash them with a fork. Cut the red-bell pepper into dices and transfer to the pan.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and bring to boil.
- Rinse the chickpeas with cold water and transfer to the pan with the mashed kidney beans and sweet corn, stir well.
- Finally add the spices, I recommend to use the Cajun spice blend quite a bit as it’s the soul of the chilli. Stir well and let sit for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Happy Monday folks, hope you like it! 🙂